Dan Zwada Memorial Scholarship
In 2012, the Michigan Perfusion Society, along with the entire perfusion community, endured a tremendous loss. Daniel Thomas Zwada; mentor, instructor, and friend to most Perfusionists in the state of Michigan, passed away unexpectedly. Dan spent his career as Director of Perfusion in the Detroit Metropolitan area. From 2009 through 2012, Daniel served as president and founding father of the Michigan Perfusion Society. In 2011, he was recognized, honored, and awarded the first ever Dick & Norma Sarns Award. This award recognized his commitment to the profession, to the society, and to life.
Dan was a wealth of knowledge and a dear friend to all. Later in his career, he was fondly referred to as The Godfather or Father Time. An icon within the perfusion community, Dan was highly respected. His legacy will carry on through the Daniel T. Zwada Scholarship Award, which was established in 2013 by the Michigan Perfusion Society. The Scholarship will consist of a $2500.00 award to be utilized toward the Perfusion education of the student.
As a perfusion student, obtaining knowledge and continuing on a path of lifelong learning are critical. Daniel exemplified this during his entire career, by being a lifelong student to the profession. The Michigan Perfusion Society encourages perfusion students to reflect on their goals and submit this scholarship application. The form must be returned to the Michigan Perfusion Society no later than May 15, 2017. Applicants will be notified of the Society's selection by the end of June 2017. The award will be given at the Annual Summer Society Meeting held at the Grand Traverse Resort on July 28-30 2017. Upon completion of the application, respondents should submit all items via the web site MiPerfusion.org.
If there are any questions or concerns please contact either of the individuals below. Thank you very much.
Michigan Perfusion Society
David Hoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brian R Paules (email@example.com)
Qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a CAAHEP accredited perfusion training program in the United States or Canada
- Letter from the program director confirming active enrollment and good standing in the program This email should be sent to: Scholarship@Miperfusion.org
- Submit a personal data form (See Scholarship Form Tab)
- Submit a current CV
- Essay questions: Response need not be lengthy, but rather content critical. Please site any references you might have used during your discussion.
- As a current student in a Perfusion Educational Program, what was your motivating factor for a career path in Perfusion? Why Perfusion Why Me?
- Given a review of the historical aspects of perfusion during your education, what do you see as the future of the profession, and specifically as a Perfusionist within the medical field, what your role will encompass?
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS May 15, 2017.
Thank you very much for your interest in the Daniel T Zwada memorial scholarship award. If there are any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Scholarship@Miperfusion.org